Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thing #22 Your Cell Phone as a tool


Remember this lunking big thing? I really thought I was doing well knowing how to send and receive texts (the abbreviated language still eludes me!) Now I find that my skills and use of the cell phone are woefully lacking. I have a very functional, yet old model that does not take pictures much less the "my location" feature. It continues to amaze me how a devise that is only ten years old has become an indispensable tool in our lives. As far as an educational tool I am sure it will happen, I just see it as a superfluous thing. For one it will further divide the haves from the have nots. Another is cost, who will pay for the use fees? The videos all present very sound reasons for use in the classroom, but I am not convinced as to the overall benefit. It will be most interesting to see where the cell phone takes us. It is already being used to write novels!

No comments: