Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thing #17 Web 2.0 Award Winning Aps

Thing #17 Web 2.0 Award Winning Aps
This was a tough “thing”; I liked so many of these sites for personal use and have been using some of them. Because we had to choose something new, I explored Craigslist and have decided that if you can’t find it here, you probably don’t really need it. I could not think of any real application for educational use so I moved on. Under fun stuff I found "Guess the Google" -
http://grant.robinson.name/projects/guess-the-google/. Twenty images appear on the screen and you have 20 seconds to guess the Google search term. I managed to guess a few, but it is much harder than it sounds. Wouldn’t this be a fun exercise in a communications class to see what terms students come up with for searches? The medical sites would be very useful for the science classses exploring genetics. I explored porphyria on the medstory http://www.medstory.com/ and found some new information on my daughters illness.

No comments: